Won't open on iPad or iPhone

Thomas Adkins

01 Feb, 2013 04:05 PM

I used bookshout on my iPad this morning and shared a note. After that it shut down and won't open on my iPad or iPhone. Please fix.

1. 1 Posted by BookShout! Supp... on 04 Feb, 2013 05:01 PM

Hi Thomas,

Can you please try logging out and logging back in to see if this corrects this issue?

Thank you,
    BookShout Support Team

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Adkins on 04 Feb, 2013 06:18 PM

I can't open the app so I can't close it.

Sent from Jeff

3. 3 Posted by Pattie Weaver on 05 Feb, 2013 03:43 AM

I am having the same problem. As soon as I open it, it closes! I am wondering, I just upgraded my phone to iOS 6.1. Would this have anything to do with it?

4. 4 Posted by Jeff on 05 Feb, 2013 01:36 PM

I am thinking the same as Pattie. Evidently BookShout needs to be upgraded to iOS 6.1.

5. 5 Posted by Pattie on 05 Feb, 2013 04:31 PM

Jeff, I hope they upgrade soon. I'm at the end of my book and can't wait to finish it!!! Lol

6. 6 Posted by BookShout! Supp... on 06 Feb, 2013 03:04 PM

All,

Please double-tap the home button to view which apps are currently running on your device. Next, long press on the BookShout app for a couple of seconds and press the red "minus" icon to stop the app from running. You should now be able to relaunch the app (and log out and log back in if needed). If you continue to have trouble, deleting the app and reinstalling should resolve this issue as well. Also, please make sure you are running the latest version of iOS (6.1).

7. 7 Posted by Pattie on 06 Feb, 2013 06:36 PM

Thank you. I reinstalled the app and its all good now. Hope it works for Jeff!

8. 8 Posted by Thomas Adkins on 06 Feb, 2013 08:53 PM

Thanks! It appears to be working for now. I'll be able to tell tonight when I do some reading. Patti, I'm glad I wasn't the only one with the problem!

9. 9 Posted by Pattie on 06 Feb, 2013 09:41 PM

Thomas, I have been reading and it seems to be working fine. I too, am glad I wasn't the only one! :-)
    I still wish they would fix it so that we can delete books we no longer want.

10. 10 Posted by BookShout! Supp... on 06 Feb, 2013 09:59 PM

We're glad that the issue has been resolved. Pattie, the ability to delete and archive books will be available in a future update.

11. 11 Posted by Judy on 19 Feb, 2013 02:05 AM

I am having the same problem. If you delete the app and reinstall do you still have all your books.

12. 12 Posted by Pattie on 19 Feb, 2013 03:11 AM

Judy,
    Yes. I haven't had any problems since reinstalling the app. My books were all there.

13. 13 Posted by BookShout! Supp... on 19 Feb, 2013 09:09 PM

Deleting and reinstalling the app will not affect any of your books. Once you've download a book, it will always remain tied to your account so you can access it anytime, anywhere.

14. Alex Vasquez closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2017 02:08 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac