Can not read book

Kim Zielanski

24 May, 2017 12:08 AM

I got a free ebook through the T-Mobile Tuesdays which I attempted to download to my ios 10. I'm unable to read it though, all that shows up is the cover. Can you help me? Also I noticed a clock/timer appear that said I had ten hours to read it. Is that the case? What proper ebook app gives a time limit for a purchased book!? Promotional or not, that's not a good way to attract customers! Please let me know exactly what this offer entails and how to read the book. I don't want to speak negatively about your app prematurely. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Lisa Ta on 24 May, 2017 01:16 AM

I'm having the same issue. I can't open my book at all, it just loads endlessly

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Alex Vasquez on 24 May, 2017 01:21 AM

Good Evening Ms. Zielanski,

The time displayed is the amount of time it word take to read the entire ebook reading at an average pace. This is not a count down clock. The ebook is yours until you delete the ebook. BookShout will never remove it from your account. BookShout's goal is to inform users of the time it would take to finish a book or reach their daily reading goal. Our hope is to get more people to read. For example if you see that if you read 8 minutes a day you can complete a book user would be more enticed to read.

As for the ebook not loading we are experiencing an unexpected down time. Our team is working on the error and will have the site back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as we resolve the error.

Thank you

3. 3 Posted by Esther Green on 24 May, 2017 01:35 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Can not read book

I downloaded a free book as a TMobile customer today. However, have received an internal error when trying to get to Chapter Two. Assistance please.

4. 4 Posted by Esther Green on 24 May, 2017 01:39 AM

I also downloaded a free E-book as a T-Mobile customer. All was fine until Infot to chapter 2, and I received an internal server error. Any suggestions?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alex Vasquez on 24 May, 2017 02:01 AM

Good Evening,

Thank you very much for your patience. The error has been resolved and you can now access the site. If you were unable to redeem a promo code please try once more. If you were in the middle of an ebook please sign out of the site or app then back in to access your entire ebook once more. Please contact us if you need any further assistance. Once again we do thank you and appreciate your patience.

Thank You

6. Alex Vasquez closed this discussion on 24 May, 2017 02:01 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac