Access via iPhone

Mike McC

02 Feb, 2018 08:18 PM

I just got a book through WSJ+, which I'm able to read on my computer. However, I don't seem able to read it on my iPhone. I've downloaded the BookShout app as directed, but unlike the browser version which goes to my profile directly and shows me the acquired book, the app asks me to log-in with a password. I did not create a password when I opened the webpage, but merely clicked on the link in the confirming e-mail. I suspect there was a default password embedded in there, but it does me no good on the iPhone. How do I get access on my phone?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by fred on 02 Feb, 2018 08:26 PM

Good Afternoon Mr. McC,

I am sorry but at this time our app does not have the option to sign in with your WSJ account. However I have issued you a temporary password which will allow you to sign in with your email address and password below. Once you have signed in you can go to your settings page and update your password. If you are still unable to sign in please let me know.

P@ssword1

Thank you
    BookShout Support Team

2. fred closed this discussion on 02 Feb, 2018 08:26 PM.

3. Mike McConnell re-opened this discussion on 03 Feb, 2018 06:53 PM

4. 2 Posted by Mike McConnell on 03 Feb, 2018 06:53 PM

Thank you, Fred. That worked and my WSJ-acquired book is now accessible on my iPhone. I’m looking forward to reading it and getting acquainted with BookShout.

Another question: I notice that books in BookShout accounts are accessible by phone and on several tablets, including Kindle Fire. I do know though that while I don’t use a tablet, I do like to read books on my Kindle reader. I’ve also noticed that several other users have raised this possibility. Does BookShout have any plans to enable access to their library via Kindle Readers? Or is Amazon too close-minded and demanding to allow that?

/mike

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alex Vasquez on 03 Feb, 2018 09:57 PM

Good Afternoon Mr. McC,

Great question and we wish we could do this and we have tried in the past but you hit the nail on the head. Amazon really didn't like that. So as of right now all ebook providers can only allow ebooks to be read on their own devices. So iBooks can't share books to kindle or Amazon share to BookShout. If you need anything else please let me know and we hope you enjoy BookShout.

Thank You

6. Alex Vasquez closed this discussion on 03 Feb, 2018 09:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac